Thursday, October 8, 2015

I'm a Gram-Gram

Many times, I've heard people talk about how being a grandparent is, "One of the best things ever!" I am so thrilled to say that those people were right. My husband and I became "Pee-Paw and Gram-Gram" on September 23. Our oldest daughter, Brittany, gave birth to her first baby, Madelyn Grace. We all fell in love instantly.

When I was in labor with my first child, I definitely wanted my mom by my side. I think most women are like that. There's just something about wanting your mom during that vulnerable time. Brittany asked me to be there during her labor and delivery. It was such an honor to be present during Madelyn's birth. I'll always be grateful for that privilege.



Everything went very well during the birth. Mom and baby were both healthy, and the new dad, Brandon, was "over the moon!" My husband and I just sat back and watched the three of them bond. You could feel the love in the room. Miss Madelyn is very blessed with an amazing mom and dad. 







Being a grandparent is somewhat indescribable. It's more of an amazing thing you just feel in your heart. Seeing your firstborn hold their firstborn just reaches deep down into the soul. It's something so special. I thank God very much that I'm able to experience being a grandparent. Our family is beyond blessed.


💗💗💗

No comments:

Post a Comment