Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween from The Dugger Family

I love the weekend before Halloween!  One reason, college football.  The Florida Gators always play the Georgia Bulldogs.  It's tradition that we watch this game every year.  We are huge Florida fans!  So with that being said, Go Gators!

The other reason and the main reason I love the last weekend in October is because of family time.  The kiddos and I always try to make that weekend fun and interesting.  There is no better time than the time you spend with your loved ones. 

Today started off very well.  Once I was finished feeding and changing Claire Bear, I went to the kitchen and made the kids a home cooked breakfast.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for homemade pumpkin pancakes.  Now everyone knows that pumpkin is the "in thing" right now!  They were easy to make, and they really turned out great.  The kids loved them.  I made some homemade whipped cream to go with them and served them with maple syrup and butter.  I love being able to sit down at the dining room table and share a meal with my family.  Here is the link for the recipe:  http://highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com/2012/09/pumpkin-pancakes.html


Pumpkin Pancakes


Today when I cooked dinner, I added a Halloween theme to it.  Our dinner menu consisted of:  Halloween Sloppy Joes with french fries, Crescent Mummy Dogs, Frankenstein Finger Dip with fresh vegetables, Lemon-Slime Punch, and Jack-O-Lantern Sugar Cookies for dessert.  The kids and I had the greatest time preparing this meal!









I'm very excited for next week!  We're going to take the kids Trick-or-Treating, and then we are going to the Fall Festival at church.  These are such fun times for our family.  We also went on our annual trip to the pumpkin patch this past week.  That's always fun and we usually get some great pictures of the family. 

Fall is my favorite time of the year!  I'm so thankful that I'm a "Stay at Home Mom" currently.  I'm enjoying every moment I can with my family.  Thanksgiving will be here in one more month!  More family fun to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment